Friday, November 19, 2010

Photobooth Fridays: THE RETURN


Howdy Everybody!

Well I'm back from Europe finally, and just in time for another PHOTOBOOTH FRIDAY!

Having just returned from France, I thought it fitting we examine the Harley piece I made for the convention there. Let's start with a look at the piece's initial sketch and pencils--

As this is an homage piece to a famous Jim Steranko cover, I didn't really need to do all that much tweaking with composition or posing. Just subtle gesture variations and minor changes in details and costuming/props.

I did toy around a bit with Harley's expression however, jumping around between alluring, silly and just plain crazy. In the end I went with just plain crazy:

So there you have it. Now that I'm back and mostly adjusted, I'll be posting more regularly again. Keep an eye out for some of my commissions from Lille in the coming weeks. Maris and I had a fantastic time touring through Brussels, Lille and Paris and met and hung out with some seriously awesome people, including none other than the supremely talented Stéphane Roux and J.H. Williams, along with his lovely wife, Wendy. Many thanks to our friends Max, Julien and Stéphane for taking us in an giving us first rate tours of Brussel, Lille and Paris, respectively. Thanks you's are also in order for the kind folks behind The Lille Comics Festival for inviting me in the first place, and then treating me and Maris so well once we got there. You guys were great. Everyone was great! I miss Belgium and France and all the good folks I met there already! GAHHH!
Okay. Phew. I'm okay. I'll collect my thoughts and report more about our exploits soon. In the meantime, here's a picture of Maris and I in front of the famous glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris.


See you soon!

3 comments:

jordan said...

I love the sketch of the Harley cover.

Alessandro Micelli said...

Come to Europe and do not pass in Italy?
Big mistake ...
Congratulations, I love your style!

Stéphane said...

Guys, Paris Loves you! It was so cool to have you here! Can't wait to see you guys soon, in the U.S or who knows, back here...