Monday, October 12, 2009

A Long Time Ago... Team up in a half-shell?

It's been a busy busy time these past couple month - which has been great! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to show anything that I've been working on until projects are announced, yada yada... So anyway, instead I decided to post an image from the vault.

It's a depiction of everyone's favorite sarcastic sai wielding mutant reptile, Raphael! This one hails from all the way back to 2003, when Marvel comics hot shot Paolo Rivera and I were still in school together. I had asked Paolo to draw something in my sketchbook. He drew this. I inked it.
Apropos to this early collaboration, Paolo and I have decided to team up once more. Assuming we aren't too slow to pull it off, we're looking to debut a new collaborative print at the Big Apple Con this weekend. Stay tuned for updates.


Paolo Rivera said...

Jeez... that drawing sucks. Nice inking, though.

Mr. Joe said...

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's a fine drawing. It's also good to keep in mind that that drawing is over six years old - so don't let it hear you. It's sensitive.