Monday, October 12, 2009

A Long Time Ago... Team up in a half-shell?

It's been a busy busy time these past couple month - which has been great! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to show anything that I've been working on until projects are announced, yada yada... So anyway, instead I decided to post an image from the vault.

It's a depiction of everyone's favorite sarcastic sai wielding mutant reptile, Raphael! This one hails from all the way back to 2003, when Marvel comics hot shot Paolo Rivera and I were still in school together. I had asked Paolo to draw something in my sketchbook. He drew this. I inked it.
Apropos to this early collaboration, Paolo and I have decided to team up once more. Assuming we aren't too slow to pull it off, we're looking to debut a new collaborative print at the Big Apple Con this weekend. Stay tuned for updates.

2 comments:

Paolo Rivera said...

Jeez... that drawing sucks. Nice inking, though.

Mr. Joe said...

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's a fine drawing. It's also good to keep in mind that that drawing is over six years old - so don't let it hear you. It's sensitive.